Krytox™ lubricants were initially developed by DuPont in the early 1960s specifically for the precise and demanding lubrication needs of the aerospace industry. Krytox™ synthetic lubricants have since replaced hundreds of special-formula, hydrocarbon-based oils and greases throughout the aerospace and aviation industries, thanks to a long list of superior performance characteristics and certifications.
- Suborbital, orbital and deep space flight – require ironclad reliability and lifetime lubrication for critical components that must operate flawlessly in high vacuum and extreme temperatures, as well as endure exposure to fuels, oxidizers and radiation.
- Commercial, corporate and military aviation – demands safety, reliability and compliance with a wide range of precise military specifications, as well as reduced maintenance requirements.
Krytox™ aerospace greases are available in grades conforming to/applicable under:
CAGE Code No. 50JY2 (manufacturing)
CAGE Code No. 43S57 (business)
FSN, NSN #9150-01-008-0498
Since the first commercial application over 50 years ago, Krytox Aviation synthetic lubricants have delivered consistent, superior, extended performance. Today, with new additives for new challenges, Krytox™ lubricants continue to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Krytox Aviation is the lubricant of choice for demanding conditions —high and low temperatures, extreme pressure, and harsh environments.
- Krytox 250AD grease provides long-life, high-temperature lubrication for aircraft fuel pumps, as well as helicopter hydraulic pump splines, to help prevent fretting corrosion and provide extended service life.
- Krytox 240AC grease has been used to extend the service life of UAV nose landing gear in harsh climates.
- Krytox aviation greases are used in a variety of limited-motion mount systems associated with aircraft engines, such as an oil tank mount bracket for a Trent 1000 engine.
- Krytox AGL 683 grease provides filled-for-life performance for aircraft climate-control and nitrogen gas system valve actuator gearboxes.
- Krytox AGL 829 grease provides filled-for-life, flameproof performance for thrust reverser gearboxes.
- Krytox 240AC grease is compatible and non-reactive with a broad range of O-ring materials, allowing for extended service life and ease of assembly/disassembly. In addition, many Krytox™ lubricants specially designed for aviation applications are covered by MIL-Spec PRF-26717 and NSF H-1, approved for incidental food contact.
- Krytox 240AC grease is used in a wide variety of airframe applications, from engine mounts to fighter canopy slide rollers to aircraft seat adjuster mechanisms.
- Krytox lubricants can be used to improve the performance of traditionally non-lubricated materials, such as DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 bushings.y